7 Reasons to Buy Borderlands 2
1. Loot, Loot, and more Loot. Kill monsters, blow everything up, run things over, and otherwise bring about as much carnage and mayhem as humanly (or robotically) possible. Kill everything in sight that so much as looks at you funny. "You talking to me?" and since there's no one else there, curb stomp em with your gun. Afterwards, scavenge the battlefield and search for better gun, grenades, and other weapons that will make you even more unstoppable.
2. Combat Customization. Borderlands 2 offers far more customization to the abilities of the story's heroes. Skills and abilities branch off, making you choose which paths you'd like to follow to build your character. And while each individual class will be more or less the same at its core, the fun little tweaks and optimization proves to be far more dynamic. You and your bud may both be playing as an assassin, but that doesn't mean you'll be taking down those pesky Pandora critters in the same way. My pal sniped and scored those head shots. I got in close and sliced and diced.
3. Tag in with up to three friends online and take the battle to Jack and his minions. Enemies get tougher with more players. But never fear, you and your rag tag entourage of Vault Hunters can use your unique abilities to command the field, back each other up, and sync attacks for devastating effects. Gunzerker can do what he does best, become Hulk with bazookas, a Commando can throw in a turret and draw enemy fire, your assassin can cloak close in, and start slashing away, and your Siren can hold punks in place and they fry em up for lunch.
Borderlands 2 Trailer Youtube vid by PIXELENEMY
4. Need a little pick me up? Get some Badass Points by completing specific in-game challenges which yield bonuses for the hell-raiser in all of us. Bonuses include things like more gun damage, faster reloading speed, less recoil, and so on. This also helps switch things up a bit as some bonuses might be achieve by playing in a way you normally do.
5. Borderlands 2 has a much more involving story for you to immerse yourself in. An RPG kind of story. Some would argue yes, other would say no. Bottom line, revenge is a dish best served cold. Saving the world and its citizens is just a bonus. Thwart Handsome Jack's plans and make him rue the day he ever crossed you. By BLOWING SH*T UP.
6. Borderlands 2 Characters: Borderlands 2 has some of the most memorable and whacked characters I've seen in a long time, especially for a shooter. Though the characters are, as per the traditions of the original, absolutely crazy and unique. Sure, some of the more heavy moments in the game might seem a bit off with such characters, but compared to so many other shooters, you can get to know and care for Pandora and the people inhabiting the merciless planet.
7. I love the side mission in this game. And you will too. These quests are exceptionally well done and executed in a way that, even if it's not the most original quest you're going to play in an RPG, you won't care, and you'll want to actually do it. The presentation in phenomenal and it's Borderlands 2, just the prospect of finding some additional Swag should start you up.
Borderlands 2 Final Verdict
Borderlands 2 is a spectacular shooter that manages to pull off the RPG elements in a way that far surpasses the original. The game is addicting. You'll play for hours and hours with your friends online. Even solo, expect your social life to plummet. Just be sure to tell your Facebook friends you're not dead. Cause God only knows what they'll think if you don't Like their newest photo. There's even more guns, grenades, really cool vehicles, fun and engaging side quests, and a main quest that's not too shabby either, and tons of replay value that will extend your 25-30 hour experience to easily 100+ for those who have the time. I hate you. And before I forget, there are some things the game could improve upon. Texture pop-ins can get annoying. Some of the vehicles can be hard to control. Enemies, bosses, and yes, even you, can get stuck and will have to reload. So mind your step. In closing, if shooting and blowing SH*T UP with guns and special abilities makes you grin, Borderlands 2 is a must. If you'll excuse me, I'm off to play with some friends online and grab all the loot piling up on the ground before they can. Borderlands 2 earns a well deserved 9 out of 10.